the final five chameleonrecruits are finished – all hand-built terracotta, slip, underglaze, stained and waxed – with some applied mixed media elements – size variable 30 – 70 cm in height.
last caryatids – finished
I have waxed and polished the drawers and glued the girls in place (I envisage at night they poke their heads out and have a chin wag) now all I have to do is pack the whole lot up for delivery monday. Here are some pics of the final two.
The above caryatid is suspended inside the drawer. Part of her head and body is covered in scrim and then waxed.
waiting for david_ sketchbook entry
Yesterday I was lucky enough to sit uninterrupted for a couple of hours waiting for David who was having a MRI (nothing life threatening – I hope). I started reading then pulled out my sketchbook. These could be some new caryatids developing – I need to get some new sculptures finished in the next few weeks for another adventure – hopefully I will have more to report on this front in the coming months. biro in A5 sketchbook
exhibition brochure to the printers
I took my exhibition brochure to the printers last week but when they did a trial print the blacks were all different colours – I have spent some time trying to amend the problem between a number of different software packages – finally (many hours later and much cursing) the problem is all but fixed and we are going to print. Not much left to do now – yesterday I also picked up all the drawings from framers – looking good! The brochure is A4 (landscape) and folds down the middle.