mother courage – in progress March 12, 2013March 12, 2013 | veronicacay great day in the studio – replaced a head, found an old candelabra that will be a perfect support and I have resolved the form. lots more hungry babies to add to the back wing/canoe section. Share this:EmailTweetLike this:Like Loading... Related
14 thoughts on “mother courage – in progress”
Wow! I hope you will keep us apprised of the progress of this piece. I love her expressive face.
Love the emotion that is already developing in this. Amazing.
Hurrah for great days in the studio! And yes I think your figures are soooo expressive.
Its looking great!
Really wonderful seeing her emerge & can’t wait to see more !
Thanks Claudia – yes I will keep posting a few more photos as this piece progresses – I have used coconut fibre in slip on the head and body which will obviously burn out in kiln but I will be interested to see how fragile (or how much texture) is left after firing 🙂
Thanks Karen – always great to hear what you are thinking
Thanks Annerose – can’t agree more with your ‘hurrah’ sometimes they are just too far apart 🙂
Thanks Rosie – sounds like you had a great time in London – loved the sketches – I always feel so humble and in awe when I see what the ancients achieved.
Thanks Anna – can’t wait to get some more done 🙂
thanks Sarah – I did some more little babies yesterday and want to get back in the studio today before they dry out too much and see how they are all going to come together – more pics later today with luck 🙂
It’s an extraordinary exhibition
Thank you, I was wondering about the fibers as I examined the picture. I look forward to its (her) progress.
Comments are closed.